Rice

Savory Stove Top Rice
Ingredients:
3 tsps powdered beef bouillon
2 tsp dried minced onion
3/4 tsp rosemary (dried)
3/4 tsp thyme (dried)
3/4 tsp marjoram (dried)
Directions:
Bring 2 1/2 cups of water to a boil, add 2 tablespoons of butter.
Add 1 1/2 cups rice and seasonings.
Reduce heat, cover and simmer for about 20 minutes
until the liquid has been reduced and absorbed.
Serve.
I keep a large jar of the ingredients pre-mixed and labeled for quick use. Two tablespoons of the seasonings is about the right amount to add with the rice. I also have different flavors of mixes. We like chicken bouillon (2 tsps) with garlic powder (1 tsp) adding a dash of salt and pepper. Sometimes I break up spaghetti with my hands and brown it in butter (microwave or stove) to add to the rice. Adding a handful of wild rice or different varieties of rice adds more flavor as well. The possibilities are endless WITHOUT the sodium and preservatives in store bought preboxed mixes.

No comments: