Food for our CATS

Discovered another fun blog today where every recipe is guaranteed to be simple and tasty! I think what I enjoy most about blogging is finding mothers who have fun being at home each day with their children creating a household and a wonderful environment. Personally I was totally clueless when I was young and could have benefited from all the hints, ideas, crafts, recipes, etc. that I pick up each day from others. Alas, back in the dark ages we didn't even have computers...I am in love with my computer. With a very short term memory and waning energy (including the aches and pains of more birthdays) my computer has become my best friend. Before you gasp and think I waste all day at the computer let me assure you it's not that bad. I read and study straight from the computer, or listen to anything I can find audio versions of while I blog and do family research online. Yes, I'm generally triple tasking (as I still have teenagers at home and a husband that I spoil rotten) while enjoying the benefits of modern technology.
Back to the "catcancook" blog, she reminded me that our animals need extra food on hand in case of an emergency. Often I shop one or two huge bags of cat food at a time, but that doesn't last long. My stand by is to have cat food recipes on hand so that I can whip up food in the kitchen for them, just like my family (only if I have to, that is...I'm not totally crazy about my cats...just a little bit!) These aren't too hard to make and everything is a staple in my kitchen cupboard already....even husband friendly ingredients in case one in particular should think these little morsels look tasty!
This is one of our favorite and most photogenic cats.
Cat Treats
1 8oz. Can of Tuna in Oil
2 Cups Cornmeal
2/3 Cup Vegetable Oil
3/4 Cup Water
2 Cups Flour
1/2 tsp Salt
Mix all ingredients together in large bowl, until well combined. Roll dough out to 1/4 inch thickness, and cut into small shapes. Put on ungreased cookie sheet, and bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes. Cool, and store in an air-tight container.

No comments: