Yummy Recipes

I just discovered a blog with family friendly recipes galore! In the past five minutes I've copied off at least six recipes to try for dinners the next week or so! Finally in the fifth decade of my life I have learned to enjoy cooking. Why? Because of awesome blogs that share great recipes with lots of personality thrown in (personality of the gals sharing and recipes with personality!) So check out this awesome blog:

When I cook everything is from "scratch." I only use dried beans; real salt (Redmond Salt); sodium free bouillon (Wylers or Herb-Ox); spice blends to create pizza, taco, onion soup, tri-tip seasoning, pork rub, etc.; 100% whole wheat; waffles, pancakes, cakes, cookies, biscuits, etc. all from scratch; cream of chicken or mushroom soups from scratch; etc. etc. etc. (Guess I better get some of those recipes added on here!) We are not fanatical about reducing preservatives and sodium, but for health reasons have changed our shopping and cooking habits to be much more frugal, healthy, and tastier! I still buy pasta pre-made, but I love the ease of cooking with powdered milk and butter (add the powder with the other dry ingredients and the liquid required in reconstituting with your liquid ingredients - I never reconstitute first.) Also we have a sourdough starter on the cupboard that I use in very creative ways; oatmeal cookies, chocolate cake or brownies, pancakes, and of course crusty breads. My family isn't too keen on the sourdough taste (except for me who loves it!) but most the time the wheat or chocolate covers the taste anyway. It's the healthy aspects of sourdough that I'm currently researching. Is it healthy for you? Does it change the chemistry in the stomach? I'll let you know shortly!

No comments: