2 tbls nutmeg
1 tbls ginger
1 tbls cloves
Mix ingredients well, use amount called for in any recipe using "pumpkin pie spice."
Now for the sweet potatoes! Oh, yum.....I bake four yams or sweet potatoes in the oven until soft. When cooled enough to handle I peel the potatoes and put them in a large bowl. Add 1/4 to 1/2 cup butter, 2 scant tsps of the pumpkin pie spice, 1 tbls vanilla extract, a pinch of salt, and 1/2 to 1 cup white sugar. My recipe calls for more sugar but I always use sugar and salt to taste as most recipes call for more than necessary. (As a side note, I always cut my oil in salad dressing recipes and generally use applesauce in any other recipes calling for oil. I'm more liberal with butter but I've switched to powdered butter now and follow the recipe more precisely.)

No comments:
Post a Comment