I love homemade products as the ingredients are always close at hand, plus no stinky smells!
Check the site for more green cleaning ideas, but below are the ones I use in our home. I don't add any oils that have aromas due to our asthma, so we have a clean house that has no clean smell (go figure.) Plus my husband is allergic to olive products, (shucks, I love olives) but olive oil also has magical powers in topical uses. (think a dab on the hair - hot oil treatment, and rub the excess into your cuticles. I'm still learning more good stuff!) Tiffany is a wonderful resource....thank you, again today, for more ways to make our homes simpler, which means BETTER!
(This is what Tiffany uses; plus check out her routine for exercise when she cleans the floor. I put a rag under each foot, too, but I've never added the music. Have I been missing out on some fun?)
Furniture Polish - 1 cup olive oil, 1/2 lemon juice. Mix in a spray bottle and shake before every use. Spray on rag and then rub furniture.
Window Cleaner - Put 1/4 cup vinegar in a spray bottle along with several lemon peels and then fill to the top with water. Spray all surfaces and use a lint free rag to wipe off. Crumpled newspaper works well to wipe up after too.
Floor Cleaner- For floors I use a small amount of Dr. Bronner’s Castile Soap diluted in water and a 1/2 cup vinegar. Plain vinegar and water works, too. I use a broom and dustpan to sweep them first (no vacuum) and I wash them by putting two cloth rags on the floor and sliding around on them with my feet…no mops. It is a good workout. Just put on some music…The Hustle…and away we go.
Natural Dishwasher Soap Recipe -3 Tbs Baking soda, 1 Tbs Borax, 2 drops of Lemon Essential Oil Mix and use in dishwasher.
No comments:
Post a Comment