Pretty green garlic cloves, marinating in vinegar (different green comes from different types of vinegar, one seasoned and one is plain.) This garlic will store on the shelf in a dark cool cupboard for years. Garlic is a wonder food, for medicinal reasons and because it tastes good. I never want to be out of garlic and haven't been successful in the garden growing it this year....yet!

Oh, how I love my ghee (clarified butter) to cook with for the high smoking temperature and the good flavor. Now I'm waiting for butter to go on sale so that I can stock up on unsalted butter and make lots more bottles of ghee. My children keep me supplied with empty salsa bottles (and yes, I should make my own salsa, but I can't test taste it and I know they love this brand.) Unfortunately, I love salsa, but my intestines now protesteth mightily at salsa contact in the smallest degree (its the tomatoes acidity that causes the problem.) Can you beat that? Nature's M&Ms, cherry tomatoes, which I can't eat anymore. Boo, hoo ...my favorite veggie/fruit to grow in every variety now rejected!
By the way, I use the wax paper between my lids and the product with everything I make just as a safety/longer shelf life precaution.

Love to eat sprouts in my tacos, plain from the refrigerator, on a salad, maybe mixed into a smoothie? Hmmmm, tomorrow I'll have to try that one out. These sprouts below are the perfect size. The ones currently in the fridge kind of got out of hand (I forgot they were growing in the cupboard for about a day and didn't check on them!) Yikes, they are huge and harder to chew, feel like a cow chewing her cud and chewing and chewing and chewing some more. However, they are pretty!
These are my two supplies that I love to clean with, everywhere! I buy the big bottles of hydrogen peroxide and add my own sprayer. My bathrooms are cleaner now than they have been in years! The smell of vinegar is sometimes over powering, so I spray the vinegar first and follow up with the hydrogen peroxide which seems to calm the smell. Anything is better than the smell of store bought cleansers, bleach, or ammonia which give me a head ache for a week after I clean (no wonder I hated cleaning so much!)

No comments:
Post a Comment