Authors

What do Lisa Harris, Anne Canadeo, Nancy Mehl, Betty Hechtman, Leann Sweeney, Krista Davis, Sarah Atwell, Kate Carlisle, Jenny Bentley, Lorna Barret, Elise Hyatt, Elizabeth Lynn Casey, Sheila Connolly, B. B. Haywood, and Susan Beth Pfeffer have in common? These are the current authors whose books I am reading voraciously! Are they different from authors of the not so distant past? YES! I only read cozy mysteries these day. Just simple little who done its, easy chair mysteries, are all that I am interested in right now. Gruesome details, getting inside the evil minds, and court proceedings are not interesting. Too much info describes what many an author gives. As in all things there is a time and a season, with my season being sweet, nice, comfortable, try to solve mysteries. Now murder never has been comfortable, nice or sweet; every day neighbor next door women should NOT be interfering with police work; and most of these women have TOO much time on their hands! But I love the little knitting or crocheting groups, the recipes, the book store owners, the cat and dog lovers, and scrapbookers united clubs. The camaraderie, the friendships made, and relationship troubles solved make cozy arm chair mysteries my all time favorite book genre to read in the middle of the night when I can't sleep; in the middle of the day when I need a break; when I'm waiting at traffic lights or for a slow moving train; and especially waiting in any medical facility for an appointment! Happy Reading!!

No comments: