My dear favorite Kristy, this link is for you! And...for all others out there who are cooking and baking gluten free. I always try out a recipe before I link to it, but tonight it's too late to start baking. Tomorrow morning I'm gonna be humming in the kitchen:)
Wheat has always been the miracle food storage item, but what if it kills you before it saves you from starving? Something isn't right with this scenario! Is there more to Celiac Disease than we know? This link brought some interesting articles to read, and I read and read and linked to even more articles! My compassion is full and encompasses all who deal with this dreadful disease for themselves and/or their children. Time is definitely proving that the convenience of pre-packaged food items, including fast foods, will do our bodies in quicker than we may want to surrender!
Due to my TV man's heart disease dramatic appearance about five years ago I have learned how much time "cooking from scratch" takes out of your already busy days. And redesigning the shopping/food storage style of your family; such as reading every label of every food either in the grocery store or at ALL fast food/restaurants places AND not being able to attend church dinners or have holiday dinners with your family in the traditional manner! Yes, my heart goes out to you all!!!!
I will be doing more research this week to follow up on how this all works, but in the meantime there are some yummy looking recipes to try, which includes healthy food (beans) that my children may or may not be able to recognize.
Due to my TV man's heart disease dramatic appearance about five years ago I have learned how much time "cooking from scratch" takes out of your already busy days. And redesigning the shopping/food storage style of your family; such as reading every label of every food either in the grocery store or at ALL fast food/restaurants places AND not being able to attend church dinners or have holiday dinners with your family in the traditional manner! Yes, my heart goes out to you all!!!!
I will be doing more research this week to follow up on how this all works, but in the meantime there are some yummy looking recipes to try, which includes healthy food (beans) that my children may or may not be able to recognize.
Mind you, when I say children, we are talking 14 years of age to 32 years of age (I'll leave the grandchildren out as they don't eat Grandma's food very often...NOT because it's gross, but because I don't feed them at meal time!) Number 1 son says it's great that Mom is finally learning how to cook and has quit trying to be creative while I cook, experimenting on unsuspecting kinfolk. Shhhh....don't tell him I'm just getting sneakier and a bit better at my experimenting!
No comments:
Post a Comment