We have a new Dollar Tree in our town, a BIG one, that has some really fun stuff.The fun fur that is used for hats and scarfs, discontinued at WalMart, is only a dollar a skein. It only took a little more than one skein to make a beanie type hat. Fun Fur doesn't stretch much like yarn, but today I'm going to try to use both at the same time.
The past month or so we've been whipping up little beanie style hats in every color and somewhat different styles to donate to:
See the picture from their site; they add those cute little labels and box up the hat to give to children with cancer who have lost their hair from chemotherapy.
This has been a special project to for our family to participate in at Christmas time, a time of giving. I also lost my oldest brother to cancer 38 years ago at about this time of year. There is a special place in my he
art for these little ones and hopefully we can infuse some of our love into each hat. These are just a few of the hats my daughter and I have made together so far, several of which she has claimed as her own.
art for these little ones and hopefully we can infuse some of our love into each hat. These are just a few of the hats my daughter and I have made together so far, several of which she has claimed as her own.The cute little red and white hat on the left is supposed to be like a candy cane, NOT Cat in the Hat! But alas we all saw "Cat in the Hat" the first time we looked at the hat. They are for the grandkids for Christmas, rather than the Hatbox Foundation. I don't think they will mind, plus we can read various Dr. Suess books while wearing our hats!
No comments:
Post a Comment