Oh, boy, oh, boy, oh boy! I'm so excited as this is my next homemade project to add to my daily routine. One new product at a time until it becomes routine and you know you like it, plus it works...before adding the next one. I started with homemade limeade, homemade bread, homemade BBQ sauce and salad dressings, then I added homemade shampoo, homemade laundry detergent, and homemade bathroom cleansers, then tomorrow I'll add the homemade deodorant....when I run out of store bought dishwasher detergent in the not too distant future that will be the next item to make! (check out this link below for other awesome ideas!!!) Some day I hope to meet all these gals who have added so much fun and frugal tips to our lifestyle!
Homemade Stick Deodorant
1. Put 1/4 cup each of baking soda and cornstarch** in a bowl with 10+ drops tea tree oil. (can be found at your drug store near the vitamin section)
Homemade Stick Deodorant
1. Put 1/4 cup each of baking soda and cornstarch** in a bowl with 10+ drops tea tree oil. (can be found at your drug store near the vitamin section)
2. This deodorant can be used as a powder, but if you want a stick...purchase coconut oil to add which is solid at room temperature.
3. Stir 2+ TBSP in until it's the consistency you like.
4. Smash into empty deodorant container. (Will be a bit sturdier once it sets a day or so.)When applying this deodorant, use a lighter hand than you would with normal stick deodorant, especially the first couple of days or it'll drop little balls on your bathroom rug. Used correctly, this stuff is invisible and lasts for ages, as it works with a very light layer. You should not be able to SEE it once applied.
**If you have especially sensitive skin, increase the amount of cornstarch to 6T and decrease the baking soda to 2T. (That would be our family!)
Update: I have not made this deodorant yet as I have not received my online purchase of the coconut oil yet. All coconut oil is not created alike, some is inexpensive, some is expensive. I learned coconut oil keeps for a very long time and does not go rancid IF you buy extra virgin coconut oil AND it is healthy to use in cooking. In the next few days I will post a lengthy sermon on the benefits of coconut oil. Since my husband is allergic to olives, after extensive research I do believe extra virgin coconut oil is the next best thing to olive oil. I'll let you know after I start using it!
No comments:
Post a Comment