I LOVE three bean salad and this recipe I found today sounds exceptionally tasty! Everything can be used from food storage items (even the celery, which is freeze dried, if you don't have fresh celery.) However, I don't have green beans at all. I noticed in the picture there are also yellow waxed beans. The fun thing with bean salad is using whatever you have on hand. Black beans are a favorite of ours! So in my salad tomorrow there may be five different varieties...I'll add a picture of mine when we make it, yummy!
Bean Salad
1 cup Kidney Beans
1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
1 (15 ounce) can green beans, drained and rinsed
1/4 cup chopped red onion
1/4 cup Celery
1/2 cup cider vinegar
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 Tbs. honey
2 tsp. Sugar
1/2 tsp. ground dry mustard
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. Salt
1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
1/4 tsp. onion powder
Prepare the kidney beans by putting them in a pot and adding 3-4 cups hot water. Bring to a rapid boil and then boil for 2 minutes
Remove from heat. Cover and let stand 1 hour
Drain water and rinse beans
Refill 3 cups of hot water to drained beans
Simmer gently with lid tilted until desired tenderness is reached, about 1½ to 2 hours
Cool the beans and set them aside
(This can also be done for the garbanzo beans....I also keep beans in the freezer already boiled once so that I only have to start at the second boiling to reach the tender stage.)
1 cup Kidney Beans
1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
1 (15 ounce) can green beans, drained and rinsed
1/4 cup chopped red onion
1/4 cup Celery
1/2 cup cider vinegar
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 Tbs. honey
2 tsp. Sugar
1/2 tsp. ground dry mustard
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. Salt
1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
1/4 tsp. onion powder
Prepare the kidney beans by putting them in a pot and adding 3-4 cups hot water. Bring to a rapid boil and then boil for 2 minutes
Remove from heat. Cover and let stand 1 hour
Drain water and rinse beans
Refill 3 cups of hot water to drained beans
Simmer gently with lid tilted until desired tenderness is reached, about 1½ to 2 hours
Cool the beans and set them aside
(This can also be done for the garbanzo beans....I also keep beans in the freezer already boiled once so that I only have to start at the second boiling to reach the tender stage.)
In a bowl, gently mix the garbanzo beans, kidney beans, green beans, red onion, and celery
In a separate bowl, make a dressing by whisking together the vinegar, oil, honey, sugar, mustard, garlic powder, salt, black pepper, and onion powder Pour dressing over the salad, and toss gently to coat. Cover, refrigerate at least 2 hours, and gently toss before serving.
In a separate bowl, make a dressing by whisking together the vinegar, oil, honey, sugar, mustard, garlic powder, salt, black pepper, and onion powder Pour dressing over the salad, and toss gently to coat. Cover, refrigerate at least 2 hours, and gently toss before serving.
No comments:
Post a Comment